1. Do Councils need an application to Demolish my property?
Yes- It is called a Report and Consent for Demolition, but we will do this on your behalf.
2. How long does it take to get a permit?
It will take up to 3 to 4 weeks to obtain your Demolition Permit.
3. How do I disconnect my utilities?
Contact your Gas and Electricity Company and inform them you need to have both utilities cut off for Demolition of your property. This can take up to 28 days to be completed so you need to do this urgently and take notes of whom you spoke to etc.
4. Do I need to disconnect my water?
No we will need running water on site to keep the dust down while we are demolishing your property to protect the neighbouring properties from flying particles and dust, this is part of OH+S.
5. When will you begin Demolition?
As soon as we have your Demolition Permit and all your Abolishment’s are disconnected and your temp fence has been erected – we will arrange a convenient date with you.
6. When will the Asbestos be Removed and How?
If your home has asbestos it will be removed before demolition by a registered asbestos removal company contracted by Ultimate Demolitions as part of your Quote.
7. When do I arrange my temp fence for the site?
Your temp fence must be erected before demolition begins, we recommended you contact Temporary Fence Hire companies to book a date after your Gas + Electricity have been abolished.
8. How long will it take to complete the Demolition?
An average 4 bedroom home takes about 2-3 days for a clear site ready for building including all tree and stump removal. But each house can vary depending on individual circumstances.
9. When am I expected to pay?
Payment is due on completion of demolition, unless prior arrangements have been made within the contracts.
10. Am I allowed to take structural items from the home and sell them or give them away to my family before Demolition begins?
No. Once the house has been Quotes and Contracts have been signed all items of the house structurally become the property of Ultimate Demolitions and will be salvaged and recycled to designated companies for re-use. If you require special items from your home you must discuss this before contracts are signed.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
For A free Quote