Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do Councils need an application to Demolish my property?
Yes- It is called a Report and Consent for Demolition, but we will do this on your behalf.

2. How do I obtain Asset Protection?
Once you have appointed our company to demolish your property, contact your local council and apply for Asset Protection. Complete the application form and send us a copy of the Asset Protection Permit once you have received it.

3. How long does it take to get a permit?
It will take up to 3 to 4 weeks to obtain your Demolition Permit.

4. How do I disconnect my utilities?
Contact your Gas and Electricity Company and inform them you need to have both utilities cut off for Demolition of your property. This can take up to 28 days to be completed so you need to do this urgently and take notes of whom you spoke to etc.

5. Do I need to disconnect my water?
No we will need running water on site to keep the dust down while we are demolishing your property to protect the neighbouring properties from flying particles and dust, this is part of OH+S.

6. When will you begin Demolition?
As soon as we have your Demolition Permit and all your Abolishment’s are disconnected and your temp fence has been erected – we will arrange a convenient date with you.

7. When will the Asbestos be Removed and How?
If your home has asbestos it will be removed before demolition by a registered asbestos removal company contracted by Ultimate Demolitions as part of your Quote.

8. When do I arrange my temp fence for the site?
Your temp fence must be erected before demolition begins, we recommended you contact Temporary Fence Hire companies to book a date after your Gas + Electricity have been abolished.

9. How long will it take to complete the Demolition?
An average 4 bedroom home takes about 2-3 days for a clear site ready for building including all tree and stump removal. But each house can vary depending on individual circumstances.

10. When am I expected to pay?
Payment is due on completion of demolition, unless prior arrangements have been made within the contracts.

11. Am I allowed to take structural items from the home and sell them or give them away to my family before Demolition begins?
No. Once the house has been Quotes and Contracts have been signed all items of the house structurally become the property of Ultimate Demolitions and will be salvaged and recycled to designated companies for re-use. If you require special items from your home you must discuss this before contracts are signed.


If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.


If you have any questions about our services, or you would like to get a quote for your project please fill in online form.

Your message was sent successfully! I will be in touch as soon as I can.

Something went wrong, try refreshing and submitting the form again.
0407 335 291
Phone: Steve 040 733 5291, Lisa 041 1517 279